This toddler friendly destination is almost too good to share. A perfect outing for warmer days.
Jacobs Well is the perfect spot for Northern Gold Coast locals. A hidden gem that you should definitely check out as the days get warmer.
- 2 x Picnic areas (either side of Jacobs Well Air Sea Rescue)
- Swimming enclosure and beach with shade structure
- Ample parking
- Picnic areas feature BBQ and artificial turf ground cover
- Playground within walking distance (Lions Park)
- Public Toilets within walking distance
- Heaps of toddler friendly eat options within walking distance (see list below)
- Fishing off the beach
Jacobs Well Foreshore Swimming Enclosure and Picnic Area is my favourite find so far. My toddlers love water so this is not a huge surprise but that aside, Jacobs Well is a beautiful place to visit.
A short and interesting drive through the cane fields from Ormeau and you come to the quaint bayside town of Jacobs Well.
The swimming enclosure and adjacent picnic area seem designed with toddler’s in mind. From the artificial turf in the picnic area to the shaded beach area.
Don’t forget towels and togs or a change of clothes so your toddler can go for a paddle and highly recommend sandpit toys for the beach.
Grab some takeaway from one of the nearby toddler friendly eats (see list below) or bring a picnic or BBQ lunch to have in one of the two great picnic areas.
Stop by Lions Park for a playground play after a visit to the public toilet.
Sit on the beach and watch the many Pelicans or seagulls frolicking in the water.
I guarantee after one visit, you and your toddler will return to Jacobs Well for more!
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats and sunscreen
- Snacks and Water Bottles
- Sandpit buckets, spades, digger toys etc.
- Towels, togs and baby powder
- Picnic blanket
- Picnic or BBQ lunch or visit one of the many nearby places to eat