Another toddlerific local park and playground to enjoy. Fun and different playground features include ride-on sand digger and water table with taps and tunnels.
Address: 37 Swan Road, Pimpama QLD 4209
Time from Ormeau HQ: 10 minutes (8.2km)
We are really spoilt for choice when it comes to great parks and playgrounds on the Northern Gold Coast. Aquila Reserve just off Yawalpah road is definitely one on the list.
- Separate Playspaces for different age groups / skill / adventurousness levels
- Woodchip Playspace has Harper’s favourite the swings, playhouse for imaginary play and small climbing / balance structure
- Sandpit playspace with ride-on digger and water table
- Lots to climb on including rope structures, climbing frames, raised toadstools, rubber bumps all within the rubber floor cover playspace
- Round-a-bout and slides
- Beautiful landscaping featuring native flora and wooden bridges over dry creek beds. A great design that also provides a barrier between the streets and the playground equipment
- Lots of seating throughout for adult supervisors
- Shade sails cover the majority of playground area
- Two Sheltered eating areas with picnic tables and BBQs
- Street parking off Wyperfield Cct or Lindeman Cct
We spent a lovely Sunday morning at Aquila Reserve and would highly recommend this to anyone that has a toddler to entertain.
This is a great park for all the features listed above. It has everything you need and a couple of unique features that helps it stand out from other great parks in the area.
There is so much on offer that your toddler will find one or many more things to enjoy at Aquila Reserve.
The sand digger and the water table were two points of difference compared to other local parks we have visited. The water table is located in the sand pit area so don’t expect clean waterplay! If your toddler likes to get dirty, I highly recommend you take along a change of clothes and shoes.
At 3.5, Fletcher really enjoyed exploring the various playspaces and climbing the various structures. Harper (19 months) is exploring more with encouragement and still just really loves the swings. The playground (excluding the large treehouse) was ideal for the two of them to explore, experiment and utilise the equipment they wanted to tackle.
We visited on a Sunday morning. When we first arrived, there were only a couple of parents with their children. As the morning progressed it got busier. It did get quite crowded when a largish group started arriving for a 1st birthday party. Looking at other reviews for the park, it is a popular spot for birthday parties. Something to keep in mind when planning your visit to Aquila Reserve.
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats and Sunscreen
- Snacks and Water Bottles
- Packed or BBQ Lunch
- Buckets, spades and other sand toys for longer visits
- Change of clothes and plastic bag if you think your toddler will enjoy getting messy at the water table
1 thought on “Aquila Reserve, Pimpama”