All the farm stay fun for your toddler and stunning views and a little luxury for Mum and Dad. Worendo Cottages is an ideal family holiday destination.
Set in the Lost World Valley and overlooking the World Heritage Rainforest Mountains of Lamington National Park, Worendo Cottages offers jaw dropping beauty from every angle and a touch of luxury to a family farm stay style holiday experience.
Worendo Cottages is run by the Overell Family who are proud to provide busy families an escape from the fast lane in a stunning and peaceful wilderness setting.
Their Fully Renovated Homestead and Luxury Cottages are perfect for a fantastic family break. A break that can be enjoyed by Mum, Dads and children big and small. Worendo Cottages has something for every member of the family.
Worendo Homestead: Suitable for large Family or friend groups. Sleeping up to 10 people across 4 bedrooms.
Treehouse Cottage: Suitable for a single family or small group. Sleeping up to 4 people in 2 Bedrooms.
Barcoo Cottage: Suitable for one Family or two couples. Sleeping up to 6 people across 2 bedrooms.
Widgee Cottage: Suitable for one Family or two couples. Sleeping up to 6 people across 2 bedrooms.
Wild Lime Cottage: Very romantic and secluded 1 bedroom cottage. Exclusively for couples. The cottage is settled alone on a ledge between green hills. It boasts a spa bath, outdoor shower and a fireplace as well as an industrial kitchen with every possible need catered for.
- Sheep Feeding and Patting
- Cows Feeding and Patting
- Fishing for Bass and Silver Perch
- Hiking/ walking around the farm and through Lost World Valley
- Swimming in our pristine rock pools or in Lamington National Park
- Kids Kayaking on The Albert River at our Private Picnic Area.
- Wild Bird Feeding daily at Darlington Park
- Riverside Picnic Area at the Old Bush Hut
- Wildlife and landscape Photography (Self Guided). Can your camera capture a rainbow?
- Free sports equipment including Balls, lawn games, kites and frisbees
- Roasting Marshmallows under the stars at your own outdoor camp fire pit
Worendo Cottages is also available for weddings with exclusive use of our 90 Acre property and the opportunity to create something that is totally unique for small weddings of up to 35 people. The stunning views, beautiful buildings and location make a great setting. In the light at Worendo Cottages you would be hard pushed to take a bad photo! During our whole stay I kept thinking what a beautiful location it would be for a wedding. I would be happy to accept an invitation and return to the cottages for your big day!
Toddler and Mummy Review
I picked Worendo Cottages for a weekend family getaway as I knew my two toddlers would LOVE the farm stay experience and I was also looking for a holiday experience that would be enjoyable for my husband and I and had a little bit of luxury for us. The photographs of the view and the cottages is what sealed my decision and I am so glad it did!
Another reason for choosing Worendo Cottages was the relatively short distance of travel for this sort of holiday. Travel time from the Northern Gold Coast is no longer than 1.5 hours which is about the travel stamina for an active toddler.
We stayed in Widgee Cottage and our holiday was everything I expected and so much more.
Fletcher and Harper were so happy to explore around the grounds of the cottage. Mum and Dad could relax and watch from a distance as each cottage is fully fenced so the livestock does not wander in. They especially loved trying to find Kangaroos and all their hunting unearthed one with a joey in her pouch. The farm animal feeding was a highlight after they overcame their initial reservations. Fletcher loved collecting eggs the most, saying that he wanted his own chickens at home! We were able to take the eggs back to the cottage for our breakfast the next day.
We also visited Worendo Cottages’ 2nd property to feed the horses and visited the very beautiful and serene private picnic spot. We enjoyed exploring, kayaking, a picnic and throwing rocks in the creek. I was astounded how happy the two toddlers were during this visit, I think they could have easily stayed all day. They especially loved exploring around the creek and throwing rocks in.
Every night of our stay we had a camp fire and toasted marshmallows under the stars.
With limited phone reception and so much to do outdoors our holiday at Worendo Cottages was so relaxing and a real break from our usual busy lives. It was such a wonderful experience and we created a lot of happy memories on this trip. I hope we can back again soon to enjoy it all over again.
If you are looking for a farm stay holiday where you can enjoy exploring the great outdoors with your toddler, I highly recommend booking a holiday at Worendo Cottages – you won’t regret it – I sure didn’t!
What to pack (suggestions)
- Full supplies for your stay. The nearest supermarket is in Beaudesert about 30 minutes away so bring what you think you will need.
- Warm clothing.
- Gumboots if rain is about.
- We packed some toys for our stay but they were not needed as there was just some many activities and outdoor adventures to be had.
- Consider packing a tablet or device with downloaded TV, Movies or Games for the evenings or some quiet inside time. NB: My hubby had phone reception with Telstra but I had no coverage with my carrier. Wi-Fi is available near the farm yard and office.