You don’t have to drive to the Sunshine Coast to Pick-Your-Own Strawberries with your Toddler. Chambers Flat is 30 minutes from Ormeau. PYO available from August to October. Get ready for yum!
Address: 912 Chambers Flat Road, Chambers Flat QLD 4133
Google Map Directions (Select No Tolls)
Time from Ormeau HQ: 30 minutes (30km)
Contacts: 07 5546 3652 Facebook
Hours: Farm Shop is open 7 days from 9am to 5pm from June to November. PYO available August to October. Phone to check PYO is available on your chosen day.
Pricing to pick your own:
$10 per Adult (includes a 500g punnet for you to pick and take home)
Free Children 1 to 2 years*
* All Children must be accompanied by an adult and punnet lids must close or extra fruit is charged at $20 per kg
There is a large open area between the fenced field and carpark with picnic tables and playhouse with a slide. There is no shade in this area or in the strawberry patch so make sure you have hats and apply sunscreen before you arrive. Regardless of the lack of shade, this is a nice space to have a snack or lunch, icecream or tuck into your freshly picked berries after you have finished your picking.
Hopefully your toddlers will happily entertain themselves in the playhouse and you can sit back with a coffee or strawberry icecream before heading back to the Gold Coast.
We hadn’t even left the Strawberry Farm before Fletcher starting talking about coming back to pick more strawberries. Both kids enjoyed the experience of picking their own strawberries.
Harper was content carrying the punnet whilst I picked and Fletcher did everything for himself. Signage warns of uneven ground, potential muddy or slippy conditions, possible stinging nettles or bees. We didn’t experience any of these but we didn’t get far as Fletcher was more intent on picking than adventuring. There were plenty of beautiful ripe strawberries to find so it is completely up to you how far you would like to venture into the strawberry patch.
Here are a few recommendations if you plan to PYO:
- Dress in older clothes
- Bring a change of clothing for your toddler just in case
- As mentioned above hats and sunscreen a must
- There is no eating in the fields so make sure your toddler has had a snack before arriving to reduce temptation
- Check with family and friends if they would like you to bring some farm fresh strawberries home for them
Overall I found the trip to Chambers Flat Strawberry Farm very enjoyable and worth the drive. Get there before the season ends!
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats and Sunscreen
- Snacks or Packed Lunch and Water Bottles
- Packet of wipes and hand sanitiser
- Extra change of clothes for your toddler (just in case)
- Plastic bag for potential dirty or muddy clothes or shoes