The Backyard, Westfield Coomera is one of the best playgrounds on the Northern Gold Coast to visit with your toddler on a warm day.
- Tall trees, native flora and colourful sculptures create an outdoor oasis feel
- Fallen Log enclosed sensory play area for ages 1 to 4
- Adventure play area for ages 4 to 8 with lots to climb, trampolines and a spiral slide
- Billabong, stream, bridges and interactive water features for water play
- Scooter circuit
- Outdoor and shaded dining spaces
- Built in BBQ
- Lots of open grass space and casual seating to enjoy the atmosphere
- Parents room and great toilet facilities in close vicinity
Westfield Coomera’s Coomera Kids offer free weekly workshops aimed at kids 2.5 to 5 years of age. There are different workshops daily from Monday – Friday each week during school term.
Free Coomera Kids Activities Include:
🎍Monday – Little Garden Growers
🧘♀️Tuesday – Tiny Yogis
🍎Wednesday – Food Friends
🎸Thursday – Rockin Tots
🧪Friday – Little Scientists
All activities are exclusive to Westfield Plus members. T&Cs Apply. Dates and times may be subject to change. Please check Westfield Coomera’s website for times, further details and updates.
We love The Backyard play space at Westfield Coomera there is so much to do. I really recommend making a visit just to experience this play area in entirety instead of just tacking it onto a visit to the shopping centre.
If we just do a quick play during our shopping trip I have to promise to come back another day so there are not major tantrums when it is time to leave.
What is great about The Backyard:
- The Billabong, streams and other interactive water play features are a key point of difference from a lot of other parks and playgrounds available on the Northern Gold Coast
- Fallen Log sensory zone for ages 1 – 4 is great for small children even those under 1 with close supervision from Mum. It is awesome that this space is fenced off
- Adventure Play area will entertain bigger and more adventurous children up to age 8
- Parents room close by in Foodcourt. There is also another toilet and change space at the bottom of The Backyard near the Billabong
- Great picnic spot with option of a blanket on the grass or sheltered dining areas
- The Backyard oozes an outdoor summer vibe and is a great place to meet up with other mums and have a playdate
- Entry from car park means you don’t have to go through the shopping crowds if you don’t want to
- Food stores close by means you can run in and buy some fresh food for a snack or lunch while you are there
What I don’t like The Backyard is the main entry to the shopping centre is not closed or fenced off (except the sensory zone which is enclosed). If your toddler is an explorer then you need to keep an eye out if they wander in that direction.
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats (a complimentary sunscreen station is available in The Backyard)
- Change of clothes or swimmers and towel if engaging in water play
- Water bottles
- Ride on scooters, trikes or small bikes
- Rather than the usual bring your own snacks / lunch, do something different and grab some fresh food options from either the nearby Woolworths or Fruit Depot