Oh the serenity! Escape the hustle bustle with your toddler with a visit to this quiet and idyllic park and Playground in Ormeau on the Northern Gold Coast.
One of the charms of Upper Ormeau Park is the scenic drive to get there. It is like taking a trip into the country – only 10 minutes up the road from the M1.
- Wood chip ground cover with some rubber under slides and swings
- Central climbing play structure with suspended bridge, stairs and ramps to climb and 3 slides.
- Interactive games built into the central play structure
- Swing Set with Baby swing, regular swing and round nest swing
- Huge green space for picnics or play
- Shade sails coverage over entire playground
- Picnic table (one under a gazebo and open in the open)
- Established trees frame the playground and green space
- Pull in car parking spaces off the main road
- No Public toilets
Sometimes the great thing about an adventure is getting there. Fletcher was the first to mention the mountains he could see from his window. “Wow! Harper look at the Mountains” he exclaimed to his sister from the backseat. We had a big discussion from that point until we arrived at Upper Ormeau Park about what we could see as we drove through the country side. And it certainly felt like we were driving through the country. I even had to explain what the cattle grids were on the road!
Once out of the car and heading through the playground, Fletcher quickly took in his surrounding and said “Gee Mummy it is so quiet here”. And he was correct – at Upper Ormeau Park there is no background noise of traffic or the world going by just the wind in the leaves, birds in the trees, the bubble of a nearby stream and the occasional passing car.
Gold Coast City Council has recently upgraded this playground and taken it from a very basic slide and swing set-up to a very toddler friendly play space.
Upper Ormeau Park’s playground is not huge and overly impressive like some of our other local facilities but it hits the spot with everything my two toddlers need in a play area. There is also lots of green open space to enjoy and the joy of your surroundings.
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats and Sunscreen
- Water Bottles
- Snacks and/or Packed Picnic lunch
- Picnic Blanket
- Insect Repellent – Harper has some bites after our visit