Damian Leeding Memorial Park or as it often called by locals “Oxenford Lake” is a great location for a scenic pram walk and has toddler attractions including a small beach area, playground and countless spots for picnics.
Address: Watersport Lane, Oxenford QLD 4210
Time from Ormeau HQ: 15 minutes (14.8km)
- Enclosed off-leash dog exercise area
- Large playground
- Various picnic shelters with tables and bbqs
- Beach area for sand play (swimming is not permitted due to water quality)
- Boat ramp for non motorised water activities
- Fitness station
- Public toilets
- Plenty of parking
This is a popular spot for locals looking to exercise.
Great spot for Mums who want to get some exercise into their outings with their toddlers. I would recommend a pram for this outing if you are going to attempt the full walk.
There is a small beach like area near the cafe which is one good option for toddler play. Your toddler could play on the sand or dip their feet in the water. Due to water quality, swimming is not permitted in the lake though.
There are numerous picnic shelters or bring your picnic blanket so you can choose any shady picnic spot that suits you along the 3.9km walk around the lake.
There is a good playground with climbing structures, swings, flying fox and shade sails that is a great spot to finish off your visit at Damian Leeding Memorial Park.
As we are heading into the warmer months, hats and sunscreen are a must for your visit to “Oxenford Lake”.
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats and Sunscreen
- Picnic Blanket
- Snacks or Packed Lunch and Water Bottles
- Ride on scooters, trikes or small bikes
- Sandpit buckets, spades, digger toys etc.
- Pram or Stroller if you plan to do the full 3.9k walk around the lake
Southport Yacht Club Oxenford Watersports Centre Cafe
2 thoughts on “Damian Leeding Memorial Park “Oxenford Lake””