Fully fenced playground surrounded by a large green open parkland with winding walking paths and a large lake with Ducks and Turtles.
Tallowwood Park is a large green parkland with a fully fenced playground set in the heart of Highland Reserve in Upper Coomera on the Gold Coast. It is a great location for a family outing.
- Fully fenced playground with sand ground cover with some rubber under slides and swings
- Central climbing play structure with suspended bridge, stairs, climbing wall, nets to climb, 2 slides and more
- Interactive games built into the central play structure
- Secondary rope/balance and monkey bar style play structure
- Swing Set with baby swing, regular swing and round nest swing
- Shade sails over majority of playground play space
- Huge green space for picnics or play
- Kids bike track
- Large lake with ducks and turtles
- Winding foot paths throughout parkland and around the lake
- Several BBQ / Picnic Shelters scattered throughout park
- Two tennis / basketball courts
- Fenced dog off-leash exercise area
- Public toilets
- Street Parking
Tallowwood Park is a great outing for the whole family. If your children are of various ages – everyone will find something to keep them entertained.
The playground is fully fenced which is not a commonly found feature of Gold Coast parks but is ideal for smaller children or those that like to wander.
I would recommend taking along prams, ride on trikes, scooters or bikes so you can take a walk along the winding footpaths through the big green space and down to the lake to visit with the ducks and turtles whilst at Tallowwood Park.
It would be a lovely spot if you are looking for a local park / playground for birthday party or other big outdoor group gathering.
We visited Tallowwood Park mid-morning on a Saturday and it was not too busy, even with a party going in the picnic structures down by the lake. It is such a lovely big green space that would help it feel less crowded even on a busier day.
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats and Sunscreen
- Water Bottles
- Snacks and/or BBQ or Packed Picnic lunch
- Picnic Blanket
- Prams, Ride on trikes, scooters or bikes