Brand new Northern Gold Coast playground now open to the public as phase 1 of the Pimpama Sports Hub is completed.
Another great playground to add to your “things to do with your toddler” list.
- Wood chip ground cover with some rubber under slides
- Large tower play structure for the big kids with two large slides, multiple levels to climb and look-out windows
- Play structure for the littlies with several ways to climb up, rope bridge, small slide and interactive games
- Small one seat round-about
- Baby swing, regular swing and round nest swing
- Green space for picnics or play
- Shade sails coverage over playground
- Picnic table (not in the shade unfortunately)
- Some established trees around green space. More have been planted that will create more shade over time
- Street Parking on Bull Road and Off street carpark near netball courts
- No Public toilets yet but hopefully some will be built soon as construction of the area progresses
- Take the pram or ride-on bikes and trikes and take a tour of the new Pimpama Sports Hub using the 1.2km of footpaths around the facilities.
The Pimpama Sports Hub playground along with the 1.2km footpath, grassed amphitheatre with picnic areas, nature walk and netball courts is the first stage of the Pimpama Sports Hub development.
Find out more about this fantastic community facility that is coming to the Northern Gold Coast below.
More about the Pimpama Sports Hub
Pimpama Sports Hub will be built on a 14-hectare site on the corner of Rifle Range and Bull Roads.
It will provide a state-of-the-art aquatic centre with Olympic-standard swimming pool, much-needed netball and tennis facilities, and recreational and sporting options for surrounding schools and residents.
Multipurpose meeting spaces and a large events park for gatherings such as Carols by Candlelight, markets and outdoor cinema, will also form part of the precinct.
The bushland aesthetic will be enhanced with walking trails, community parks and a natural watercourse.
Phase 2 of the Pimpama Sports Hub is scheduled for late 2021.
We are really spoilt on the Northern Gold Coast with a number of fantastic new playgrounds to choose from. We are in a booming area for young families so I hope they keep coming.
The Pimpama Sports Hub playground would be on my list for a short playground visit due to the lack of toilet facilities and limited shade around the shaded playground.
To extend your visit I recommend bringing your pram or ride-on bikes and trikes to do a walking tour of completed and accessible areas of the Pimpama Sports Hub.
If you are local it is worth a visit and if you are further afield I recommend coming to check it out along with the amazing sporting and community hub that is under development.
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats and Sunscreen
- Water Bottles
- Snacks and/or Packed Picnic lunch
- Picnic Blanket
- Ride on trike and bikes and/or prams