Small local park and playground in Jacobs Ridge estate in Ormeau. It has everything you need for a short visit with your toddler.
Address: Maidenwell Road & Jacobs Ridge Road, Ormeau QLD 4208
Time from Ormeau HQ: 4 minutes (1.8km)
Smaller older park and playground but it has everything you need to entertain your toddler including:
- Treehouse with various things to climb and a slide
- 2nd slide on a rubber surface hill
- Large open green space with plenty of room for ball sports and games
- Pathway around playground for riding bikes scooters and trikes
- BBQ facilities and shaded Picnic Shelters
- Tennis and Basketball Courts
- No shade sails but plenty of established trees provide shade over the play space
- Carparks on Maidenwell Road
- No public toilets
With no public toilets at this small local park it goes on my short visit list. If this doesn’t worry you take a ball and bike for your toddler and you could easily spend a few hours at this park and playground.
It is smaller and older than some of the other parks available only a short drive away but toddlers aren’t really that hard to impress. My two didn’t want to leave when it was time to go, which I find a good sign for any place I take them.
There are no shade sails at this park but there are plenty of established trees that provide shade over the play space. The basketball and tennis courts make this playground more attractive for bigger kids that might find it a little boring otherwise.
The courts and a small park land separates the playground and picnic spaces from the surrounding roads making it a nice spot for a picnic and BBQ.
I recommend you give this park a go, especially if you live in Ormeau or surrounding suburbs.
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats and Sunscreen
- Water Bottles
- Snacks and/or Packed Picnic or BBQ lunch
- Picnic Blanket
- Ride on trikes, scooters and bikes