Albert River Park is a beautiful green space with majestic trees and a newly renovated playground just off the M1 in Eagleby. It has something for kids big and small.
Albert River Park is in a wonderful riverside location a short drive from the Beenleigh South exit of the M1. After an innovative upgrade, this Local Park and playground has something for the whole family:
- Large central adventure playground with cabins, nets, bridges, ladders and slides. Lots for bigger kids to climb and explore high off the ground
- Smaller toddler friendly playground with swings, see-saw, slides and plenty of things for the smaller kids to climb closer to the ground
- Sun lounges, chairs and benches close to the playground for supervising parents
- Skate park
- Flying Fox
- Outdoor table tennis table
- Large open green space with plenty of room for ball sports and games
- Pram and wheelchair friendly bike path through parklands
- Exercise equipment located along pathway
- BBQ facilities and shaded picnic shelters
- Basketball court
- Shade sails cover playground and well established trees provide a wealth of shade around parklands
- Dog off leash area
- Carpark on Ramu Street
- Public toilets
Albert River Park is great if you want to visit a playground and also fit in a walk or ride with your toddler. There is a walking or bike track that winds through the parklands and is both pram and wheelchair friendly. The path is shaded by large established trees full of wildlife. As you travel along you will come across exercise equipment, the skate park, a bridge and see glimpses of the Albert River along the way.
After our walk we sat on the brightly coloured furniture in the shaded space between the two playgrounds to have our picnic lunch. There are many spots to have a picnic and BBQ facilities are also available.
After our picnic it was time to hit the playground. We headed to the smaller play space that was suitable for toddlers. The adventure playground is impressive to look at but suited for much bigger kids than my two. The smaller playground fit the bill for my toddlers with plenty to climb and explore as well as swings and slides.
If you are looking for a new park and playground to visit with your toddler, give Albert River Park in Eagleby a try.
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats and Sunscreen
- Water Bottles
- Snacks and/or Packed Picnic or BBQ lunch
- Picnic Blanket
- Sandpit buckets, spades and other toys
- Ride on trikes, scooters and bikes