Modern sports themed playground with adjacent fenced dog off leash enclosure, table tennis tables and basketball court located in Pimpama on the Northern Gold Coast.
Address: 14 Moondarra Street, Pimpama QLD 4209
Time from Ormeau HQ: 10 minutes (8.2km)
Gainsborough Parklands playground is full of character and has many great features to help make an enjoyable outing for you and your toddler:
- Separate Play spaces for different age groups / skill / adventurousness levels
- Small climbing structure with musical elements and slide
- Larger climbing structure with slide
- Central play space with round-about and round swing
- Swing Set
- Centre cricket pitch themed play area
- Several shaded Picnic Shelters
- Basketball Court
- Table tennis tables (bring your own balls and bat)
- Fully fenced dogs off leash area
- Landscaping is all new so no large established trees but lots of flowers!
- Pathways around playground and park area ideal for riding bikes and trikes
- Large Shade sails cover the majority of playground area
- Large attached car park
- Sports field across the car park
Unfortunately there are no public toilets or BBQ facilities at Gainsborough Parklands. 🤞 these might be added at a later date by the Council. We have visited Gainsborough Parklands several times. Both toddlers enjoy the visit and look forward to coming back.
There are a couple of negatives to Gainsborough Parklands 1. No onsite toilet facilities and 2. Lack of large established trees to provide shade to the greater park area and 3. No BBQ facilities. Negative #2 will go away when the planted trees grow in time and hopefully GCCC will reconsider the need for a public restroom and BBQs in the near future.
Gainsborough Parklands Playground is great for toddlers and small children. There is so much for them to explore and do. With every visit, Fletcher and Harper discover something new to their little eyes. The sports themed design of the playground sets in a part from other parks on the Northern Gold Coast.
The massive shade structures above the playground do shade the majority of the equipment. There are also several picnic shelters that enable you to get out of the sun to enjoy some lunch or a snack. We usually opt for these structures for our picnic rather than a picnic blanket on the grassed area due to the shade factor.
There is plenty for bigger kids including a larger climbing frame and slide, basketball court, table tennis tables and plenty of room to play and ride bikes.
For those with fur babies there is a fully fenced off leash dog area that seems really popular with locals.
We have visited Gainsborough Parklands on several occasions and the park and playgrounds have always seems clean and well maintained.
A visit to Gainsborough Parklands to play on the playground and a packed picnic lunch before the midday nap is an ideal toddler outing. Give it a try for yourself.
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats and Sunscreen
- Water Bottles
- Packed snacks or lunch
- Ride on trikes, scooters and bikes