Parklake Park and Playground in Maudsland offers a great morning out for the whole family.
From my count – six different playground play spaces and a large park to explore, Parklake Park is a great toddler friendly destination on the Gold Coast.
- Six difference playground play spaces!
- Giant brightly coloured two level treehouse fort with two slides (one being a monster tunnel slide from the top level to the ground)
- Several sets of swings including a nest swing
- Rockers and see-saws
- Rope play structure near the carpark
- Flying Fox
- Toddler / smaller kids climbing play structure
- Suspended rope bridge
- Play car, climbing dome turtle and drums!
- Shade sails or large established trees provide shade over the majority of playground play space
- Huge green space / sporting field
- Winding walking paths that are pram friendly
- One Gazebo and several BBQ / Picnic Shelters scattered throughout park
- Basketball court
- Public toilets
- Off Street Carpark
You know a park and playground is popular when you turn up on a Saturday morning and there are 3 or more kid’s birthday parties being set-up!
But don’t let Parklake Park in Maudsland’s popularity put you off. There is so much space and the playground is so large and spread out, it doesn’t seem crowded, even though there were lots of families out enjoying a beautiful Saturday morning on the Gold Coast at this fantastic playground and park.
I suggest bringing a picnic blanket with you, so if you want to take a break for a snack, lunch or have a rest from the playground or a walk around the parkland, then you can easily find a spot even if there are a lot of people in the area.
Our visit started with scooting around the walking paths before hitting the playground for a very good play. We had a picnic lunch, followed by more playground play and the two kids even enjoyed rolling down a hill on the way back to the car.
You know you’ve had a good morning out, when both kids have fallen asleep 5 minutes after getting in the car!
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats and Sunscreen
- Water Bottles
- Snacks and/or BBQ or Packed Picnic lunch
- Picnic Blanket
- Prams, Ride on trikes, Scooters or Bikes