Nautical themed park and playground in the heart of Calypso Bay Waterfront Estate in Jacobs Well on the Northern Gold Coast.
Address: Catalina Parade, Jacobs Well QLD 4208
Time from Ormeau HQ: 24 minutes (25.1km)
Another great local Gold Coast park and playground. The only thing missing is public toilet facilities.
- Large central ship shaped playground structure with large slides at the rear, plenty to climb, a plank to walk and interactive elements to discover throughout.
- Swings set and separate large nest swing
- “Tinnie” boat
- Several Round-about style equipment with rubber surrounds
- Large shade sails over majority of the play space
- Bike and walking tracks around the playground that travel past the water
- The playground is surrounded by large established trees, great for adventurous toddlers to climb
- Open space to run and kick a ball
- One Picnic shelter with seats
Street parking only and there are no public toilet facilities at Calypso Bay Park.
On our visit to Calypso Bay Park and Playground the toddlers had a great time exploring the nautical themed playground. They loved discovering everything there was to find in the large central playground structure and taking a trip in the “tinnie.”
We enjoyed a picnic lunch by the park. With no toilet facilities and limited picnic structures the playground was quiet for the weekend as it wouldn’t be a chosen spot for parties or extended visits without these facilities.
It is a really beautiful spot to visit and I would recommend including a walk on the paths that go around the playground and by the water when you visit. I am sure you could stop into nearby Harrigan’s if you needed a toilet stop.
Take a trip out to Calypso Bay Jacobs Well to visit this picturesque, quiet and fun playground when you get the chance.
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats and Sunscreen
- Water Bottles
- Snacks and/or Packed Picnic lunch
- Buckets, Spades and other sand toys
- Pram if you want to include a walk on your visit