Celadon Park is a new local park and playground built in the centre of The Surrounds estate behind Westfield Helensvale.
Really new, it features the latest multi-age and all-ability play equipment including:
- Large play structure for the bigger kids with slide
- Small play structure for the littlies with slide
- Central shaded picnic area with tables and BBQ facilities
- Sand Works (There are facilities for water play but no running water when we visited)
- Large open green space with plenty of room for ball sports and games
- Pathway around playground for riding bikes scooters and trikes
- Flying Fox
- Climbing cubes, spinner, trampoline orb climb and spinning see-saw
- Ride on jeep, swings and soft fall climb / play space
- Street parking
- No public toilets in park but we found some in the Leisure Centre in behind Funnybone Coffee
This park is new, clean and full of good and unique play equipment and is designed for various ages and skill levels. The downside is the lack of shade over the entire playground and play spaces. We visited the park mid-morning and even with sunscreen and hats it was far too hot to stay and play long.
Lucky for us we visited on the opening day of Funnybone Coffee so we ordered some coffees and the kids ate their packed lunch in their shaded outdoor eating space. We also used the toilet facilities in the leisure centre where the coffee shop is located. The park itself does not have any public toilets.
My toddlers really loved the various climbing structures for smaller kids and the sand works. We will be back but it will be for a very early morning or late afternoon visit during the spring and summer months. Hopefully shade sails will be added to the playground in the near future.