Peaceful and picturesque spot for a picnic or walk. And yes, there are ducks to feed!
Address: Lawnton Street, Daisy Hill QLD 4127
Time from Ormeau HQ: 21 minutes (24.4km)
Dennis Lake is a man-made lake surrounded by beautiful homes. The area is set aside for the public to enjoy. There are no toilets, picnic or playground facilities so BYO what you need. What it lacks in facilities it makes up for in idyllic beauty.
- Flat pathway on one side of the lake is nice for a walk
- Tranquil picnic spot
- Ducks to feed!
- Viewing platform with history of the lake sign
- Street parking on Lawnton street and at the entrance to Lake Dennis
As there are limited facilities and toilets at Lake Dennis we combined a stopover here with our visit to Daisy Hill Koala Centre and Shailer Pioneer Park. The three destinations combined nicely in a lovely morning out. Lake Dennis was our lunch picnic spot and of course we stayed long enough to feed the ducks and ride our trusty trike and bike on the path alongside the lake.
What to pack (suggestions)
- Hats and sunscreen
- Snacks and Water Bottles
- Picnic blanket and picnic lunch
- Pram or stroller if your toddler is not an able walker
- Ride on trikes and bikes
- Duck food
2 thoughts on “Lake Dennis Park”